Associate in Science in Dental Hygiene
The Dental Hygiene Program prepares the student for employment as a dental hygiene educator and clinician in a variety of settings including private dental practice, public health departments, institutional and research facilities, and public and private schools. Graduates of the Dental Hygiene Program are awarded an associate in science degree and are eligible to take the Dental Hygiene National Board Examination and the Florida State Licensing Examination, which are both required for licensure in the state of Florida. The course of study includes general academic studies, technical courses in dental hygiene concepts and procedures, clinical experiences in the dental hygiene clinic and community facilities, and community and public health education experiences. Integrated into the program is the dental "team concept" with inclusion of four-handed dentistry and those expanded dental functions that can be legally delegated to a dental hygienist in the state of Florida.
Other SCF Highlights:
- Among the top 100 associate degree producers in the nation
- Wide variety of programs and degree types
- Cutting-edge bachelor’s degrees with courses specific to today’s workforce demands
- Low tuition and financial aid available
- Yellow Ribbon candidates welcome at our Military-Friendly School
- Pass rates on certification exams for our health profession graduates exceed national and state averages
Fill out the form above for more information about this degree and a complete description of the academic requirements to complete the program.